Woodsman Guild

All existing and new guilds post here

Moderator: Tandamar

Solomon

Woodsman Guild

Postby Solomon » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:30 am

Anyone seeking to join in the woodsman guild, the protectors of the wild lands, seek out Uriel the Elf. This guild is open to all classes who have a love for the outdoors. Weather you are ranger, barbarian, druid, scout, or even a nature loving cleric you are welcome to join.
Tandamar

Re: Woodsman Guild

Postby Tandamar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:20 pm

The type of guild you have described (you should add a lot more detail) is more suited to rangers with a loose association with the other classes, Druids are already sworn to the Druidic order, Clerics are devoted to their church and religion, Barbarians actually can fit ok but will still hold their clan in the highest regard first. Woodsmen guild would fit perfect but you must keep in mind the many other orders when including other classes. IE:....an assassins guild may allow fighters, wizards and others to join the guild but because they dont have the specalized skills needed to be a full assassin they cannot rise to the higher ranks of the guild.
Solomon

Postby Solomon » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:22 pm

It would be open to anyone devoted to nature. Druids would be welcome as well as barbarians, Scouts, Rangers, etc.. I honestly don't think there should be any class restrictions as long as they hold a love of nature and longing to keep the wild truly wild. My son an I are working on the guild hall. I have plans to incorporate (with approval of course) a woodsman guild oath and member specific equipment earned after joining and some items will be earned only after completing certain wilderness related tasks (DM assistance may be required). Anyway that is all future plans right now just need to get the guild going and have some members to join. :)
Tandamar

Postby Tandamar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Druids are completely devoted to their circles, not all Druid join a circle but will never go against the wishes of their order (Arch, Great, Grand, and Hierophant) meaning if any order from a Woodsmen guild that conflicts with the Druid orders the Druid in question would not go against the Druid leaders or he would be cast from the Druidic order and lose all Druid abilities.
Barbarians hold their clan first and foremost and the same works for them, a Barbarians clan is his family.

Clerics are easier to deal in that some are free to make their own choices depending on the faith they have chosen.
there are some nasty evil clerical orders out there that would love to tear a woodsmen clan apart from the inside.

Rangers are THE best suited for such a guild and as such are the leaders and elders of such guilds and can mercenary themselves out to others guilds as well, such as many rangers join Druid circles (on a loose term) as bodyguards and scouts.

This is not to say none of these classes cannot be a part of a woodsmen guild but their loyalty should always be in question and in saying that not likely to hold high ranks of power in a guild that cannot always trust them. where a woodsmens guild ideas clash with any of the above's respective guilds they will side with their own first.
LoneNurgling

Postby LoneNurgling » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:24 am

Wouldnt a woodsman guild work with the local druid circle anyways, or at least have some respect towards another?
Solomon

Postby Solomon » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:58 am

Exactly my point. The guild would be for lovers of the wilderness and protectors of it. As the NPC at the guild hall says about the place "This is where member gather to discuses important matters concerning the wilderness and its protection, and sometimes just to relax and share a pint." If a matter concerning the Being a guild member would not place anyone at odds with any other organization they are a part of as long as that organization is not for the destruction of the wilderness, they would be in cooperation together. It is not that complicated if someone threatens the forest of river or such the guild works to protect it, much the same as the druids would or the barbarian tribe would fight to protect its home. Its simple really, and yes rangers would be best suited for it, but if you look at the lack of players left to nwn2 do you really want to complicate things more by adding to many restrictions and technicalities? That is why many good servers have shut down already.
LoneNurgling

Postby LoneNurgling » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:32 am

I don't think he was arguing it, just that he wanted more info.
Tandamar

Postby Tandamar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:11 am

A Druid circle is just as likely to help an Orc tribe as they are a human settlement as long as it furthered the goals of the Druid order, its not about making it complicated as it is good role playing. Guilds are organizations and by their very nature are complicated just for that reason. again I never said it has to be restricted to one class, but as a DM if you leave too many doors open I will use them. as for Druid circles working with the local woodsmen guild yes they would to some degree, but all but a few Druids are reclusive, and not all Druids are helpful.
Solomon

Postby Solomon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:33 pm

woodsman.7z
(7.15 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
Here is the Woodsman Hall mod to check out. I know there is still some work to be done.
LoneNurgling

Postby LoneNurgling » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:17 am

I't didn't seam to upload, do you have a dropbox? How big is the file?

Return to “Guilds”