2.5 Release, and future 2.5 changes.

Anything server related here.

Moderators: Tandamar, Hellsgrim, Solomon

LoneNurgling

2.5 Release, and future 2.5 changes.

Postby LoneNurgling » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Greetings all! 2.5 will be playable tonight. Its a fairly big update with some new content, and lots of revisions.

Check the change log out here -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23&p=25#p25

So if you read the change log you'll notice there isn't as many areas released as we said there would be, your probably wondering why?
A lot of the areas that did not make it to this update are around the corner and will be released fairly soon (such as Skraag, the druid grove and more).
We decided to release the update instead of hold back until the areas are finished, we hope you agree with the decision.

In 2.5 we tried to expand on the rouges roll a bit, and retro-fitted many of the original areas with new rooms that can only be entered via-rouge unlocking. We also trapped and locked most of the chest in the module (they can be bashed for those not skilled with picks). We are also working on more advance systems for rouges, to be able to sneak into houses and rob them, this was not polished enough to make it to this update, but isn't to far off.

2.5 also has some cosmetic changes, loads of new appearances added to the appearance changer (they need to be tested!). A new color Pallet for new characters made on the server (as requested).

We also toned up the difficulty of a few areas, and the new areas we added are much tougher, and will probably require care to navigate.

We have also added a a lock picking mini game, this will also grant xp in future updates.
elsteveo

Re: 2.5 Release, and future 2.5 changes.

Postby elsteveo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:21 pm

Wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!! I know what I am doing tonight! :D :D :D
LoneNurgling

Postby LoneNurgling » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:43 pm

It may not be live until and hour or 2, its in the process of being uploaded. Elsteveo are you on steam?
Solomon

Postby Solomon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:30 pm

I look forward to trying it out in a little while.
elsteveo

Postby elsteveo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi Lone,

I managed to get the update last night but not any play time unfortunately maybe tonight NZ time.

Yes I am on Steam and have joined the Tethyr group.

User Name: steveg_nz
LoneNurgling

Postby LoneNurgling » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:39 am

Hey all, we will be updating this weekend. There will be a quite a few new areas to explore, and we plan on doing a weekly to bi-weekly update that includes new areas (major features in general will be added as they are completed).

With that said, anyone have specific ideas for areas they would like to see?
If you have told me before you can tell me again, but we are looking for new ideas.
Solomon

Postby Solomon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:51 am

Cool looking forward to it.

Return to “General Discussion”