Tales of Tethyr uses a modified ECL system that is a bit different from the standard ECL system, this was also done in an attempt to balance out the monster races.
Characters with ECL of 1 or higher automatically gain monster class levels (according to their race) as soon as they are created or whenever they rebuilt.
What are the "pros" for a ECL race then?
- They are usually more powerful than standard races of course
- They start out at a higher level, with higher HP, AB and saves, according to their ECL. For example, a Drow will start out at level 3 with 2 levels of Humanoid Class.
What are the "cons"?
- Monster classes are very weak and generally have no benefits at all compared to normal classes, you also don't gain any feats during those levels.
- Monster classes count for XP multiclass penalty.
- ECL characters are effectively limited in their max class combo, as they can only choose 3 classes opposed to the max of 4 classes that characters with 0 ECL can choose.
- ECL characters have a higher minimum rebuild cost (since they start at a higher level than 1, they can never have a truly free rebuild, even if the cost is still low at those levels.)
- Characters with a ECL of 3 or higher do not get to choose where to assign their first ability score increase, it will be assigned automatically depending on your class package.
Information pertaining to the server specs, and module specs.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest